Wednesday, August 11, 2010

I was 18 and She was...Contd (Chapter 2)

The next day did come...and we gradually started talking. Things were going slow but steady. But every good things comes to an end and for me the the end was near. My exams were about to start and there came the last day when I had to say her good bye..I reallly did'nt know what to say and my heart was heavy. We came out of the tuition together and started walking for the last time towards the bus stand. I wanted to say many things , but all seemed to get jumbled and I was quite. She wished me all the luck for my exams and the moments felt like sand to me ..The stronger I wanted to hold it , the faster it was passing by. But I could gather the courage and said "U may not share it , but your phone number will really help me out to keep in touch with a very good friend that I have got very recently"..She paused for a moment and she did give it to me..

I did 'nt know what to do and I was jubilant..Suddenly the stars became brighter and life became so kind. The next 3 weeks were maddening with series of exams..On the last day of my Joint entrance examination (for which I waited so long) I decided to call her. I dialled her number and the same sweet voice answered the call. Her voice felt like a cold water after a walk in the scorching heat..The wait felt worth and we spoke yet again. I had actually left a cassette with her and requested if I can have that back. Thus we decided to meet the next week , when she was coming to the tuition.

3-4 days felt like a year and finally it arrived. It was first time for me to meet a lady alone..I was quite nervous and was not sure of what I'm gonna speak..

No comments:

Post a Comment